This page last updated June 21, 2021.
|Township Building||Administration||Open 8am - 5 pm. Masks Required.|
|Township Parks and Trails||Trails||OPEN|
||Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball - OPEN for personal use only; NO organized sports
Pavilion and Playground - OPEN for personal use only; social distancing required
Ball fields and Multipurpose Field - Pre-registered Groups ONLY
|Fellowship Fields||Pre-registered Groups ONLY|
|Larkins Field||Pre-registered Groups ONLY|
Guidelines from PA Dept. of Health
VACCINE INFORMATION: Click here for information from the PA Department of Health regarding COVID-19 Vaccines.
MITIGATION EFFORTS: Most COVID-19 mitigation orders have been lifted in Pennsylvania. The masking order remains in place. Click here for more details.
TRAVELERS: Information for traveling to or from Pennsylvania is at this link.
March 1, 2021 - Governor Tom Wolf revised his previous mitigation orders on March 1, 2021. Of note, there changes to maximum occupancies for indoor and outdoor venues. Click here to read the order.
December 10, 2020 - Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf and the PA Department of Health announced new mitigation efforts on December 10 to slow the spread of COVID-19. The measures will remain in effect through January 4, 2021. Click here for full information about these measures.
July 16, 2020 - Targeted mitigation efforts now in effect include: Indoor dining capacity reduced to 25%; bars open for sit-down meals at tables, bar service prohibited; gatherings capped at 25 people indoors, 250 outdoors; and telework mandated as possible. Click here to read the full press release from Governor Wolf’s office.
July 2, 2020 - Masks are now mandatory when leaving one’s home. Details of the mask requirement and a link to the Governor’s order can be found at this link.
Upper Uwchlan Township Operations
- The Upper Uwchlan Township office is open to the public. Out of an abundance of caution, and with consideration for those who may be immunocompromised, all our staff will wear a mask when interacting with members of the public, and we are asking our visitors to mask inside the office as well. We still welcome you to conduct business with the Township remotely. View the staff directory for telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Parks - See table above for details. Please observe social distancing at all times and heed park signage. No organized groups permitted without prior authorization.
- Trash & Recycling - At this time, there are no changes to trash and recycling pickup schedules. As always, be sure to put your Toters curbside the night before collection. The next yard waste pickup is scheduled for April 8.
- For the safety of the hauler personnel, all trash that is placed in your trash Toter must be secured in garbage bags. This will protect the personnel from needing to handle loose articles of trash. Unbagged trash will not be collected.
- Your single stream recyclables should still be placed loose in your recycling Toter. However, excess materials must be bagged or bound: Any recyclables that don’t fit in your Toter must be placed in paper bags. Cardboard boxes must be broken down and bound with twine.
- Meetings and Events - In an effort to minimize public exposure to COVID-19 and maintain social distancing, all public meetings will now be held online in webinar format. Non-essential meetings have been cancelled. View individual events on the Township Calendar for instructions on accessing meetings.
- The 2021 Block Party has been cancelled.
- The 2020 Upper Uwchlan Township Block Party was cancelled.
- The 2020 Junior Police Academy was cancelled.
- Police services have not been diminished or interrupted. Read a statement from the UUTPD here.
June 25, 2020 - Upper Uwchlan Township Update - "Green Phase" Guidelines
June 5, 2020 - Upper Uwchlan Township Update - "Yellow Phase" Guidelines
April 16, 2020 - Learn more about Governor Wolf’s Order Directing Public Health Safety Measures for Businesses Permitted to Maintain In-person Operations.
April 6, 2020 - Learn more about Governor Wolf’s instructions regarding wearing masks in public.
March 23, 2020 - Governor Wolf issued a ‘Stay at Home’ Order for 7 Counties, including Chester County, to Mitigate Spread of COVID-19. Read the news release, which answers questions about what that means.
March 19, 2020 - Governor Tom Wolf today ordered all non-life-sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations as of 8 p.m., March 19, to slow the spread of COVID-19. Read the announcement from the Governor’s office. Guidance for allowable and prohibited activities can be found at this link.
March 17, 2020 -
From the UUT Building Department...
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 crisis and adapt to alternative routines, we wanted to offer some resources and advice to help you keep you and your family safe while at home. Please visit upperuwchlan-pa.gov/homesafety for a variety of safety guides.
We are here to help you stay safe through these rough times. Feel free to contact our department should you have any questions.
Resources for Workers
From Pennsylvania Labor and Industry
- Keep Yourself Safe at Work During COVID-19
- Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- COVID-19 Guide to Scenarios and Benefits Available
From the Pennsylvania Attorney General
Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Restore Chester County
- PA Chamber of Business and Industry - Resources
- CDC Guidelines for Businesses and Employers
- Small Business Administration - Coronavirus Loan Resources
- Chester County Commissioners Information for Businesses Amid COVID-19
- For Fireflighers/EMS Personnel: CDC What Firefighters and EMS Providers Need to Know
- For Parents: Supporting At-Home Children
- For Parents: PA Department of Human Services web site to help parents working in life-sustaining roles find an available child care center.