|Township Building||CLOSED to the public|
|Township Parks and Trails||Trails - OPEN|
|Upland Farms - OPEN|
|Fellowship Fields - CLOSED|
|Larkins Field - CLOSED|
|Hickory Park - CLOSED|
Upper Uwchlan Township Operations
- The Upper Uwchlan Township office remains CLOSED to the public. However, residents are reminded that they may conduct business with the Township remotely. View the staff directory for telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Parks - Except Upland Farms, all parks are closed. At Upland, the portable bathroom is not available.
- Trash & Recycling - At this time, there are no changes to trash and recycling pickup schedules. As always, be sure to put your Toters curbside the night before collection. The next yard waste pickup is scheduled for April 8.
- For the safety of the hauler personnel, all trash that is placed in your trash Toter must be secured in garbage bags. This will protect the personnel from needing to handle loose articles of trash. Unbagged trash will not be collected.
- Your single stream recyclables should still be placed loose in your recycling Toter. However, excess materials must be bagged or bound: Any recyclables that don’t fit in your Toter must be placed in paper bags. Cardboard boxes must be broken down and bound with twine.
- Meetings and Events - All non-essential meetings have been cancelled through April 3, 2020. In an effort to minimize public exposure to COVID-19 and maintain social distancing, some essential meetings will now be held online in webinar format. View individual events on the Township Calendar for instructions on accessing meetings.
- The 2020 Upper Uwchlan Township Block Party has been postponed to a date to be determined.
- The 2020 Junior Police Academy has been cancelled.
- Police services have not been diminished or interrupted. Read a statement from the UUTPD here.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, call your healthcare provider. If you do not have a healthcare provider, call the Chester County Health Department at 610-344-6225.
April 16, 2020 - Learn more about Governor Wolf’s Order Directing Public Health Safety Measures for Businesses Permitted to Maintain In-person Operations.
April 6, 2020 - Learn more about Governor Wolf’s instructions regarding wearing masks in public.
March 23, 2020 - Governor Wolf issued a ‘Stay at Home’ Order for 7 Counties, including Chester County, to Mitigate Spread of COVID-19. Read the news release, which answers questions about what that means.
March 19, 2020 - Governor Tom Wolf today ordered all non-life-sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations as of 8 p.m., March 19, to slow the spread of COVID-19. Read the announcement from the Governor’s office. Guidance for allowable and prohibited activities can be found at this link.
March 17, 2020 -
From the UUT Building Department...
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 crisis and adapt to alternative routines, we wanted to offer some resources and advice to help you keep you and your family safe while at home. Please visit upperuwchlan-pa.gov/homesafety for a variety of safety guides.
We are here to help you stay safe through these rough times. Feel free to contact our department should you have any questions.
Resources for Workers
From Pennsylvania Labor and Industry
- Keep Yourself Safe at Work During COVID-19
- Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- COVID-19 Guide to Scenarios and Benefits Available
From the Pennsylvania Attorney General
Resources for Businesses and Employers
- PA Chamber of Business and Industry - Resources
- What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19
- CDC Guidelines for Businesses and Employers
- Small Business Association - Coronavirus Loan Resources
- Chester County Commissioners Information for Businesses Amid COVID-19
- For Fireflighers/EMS Personnel: CDC What Firefighters and EMS Providers Need to Know
- For Parents: Supporting At-Home Children
- For Parents: PA Department of Human Services web site to help parents working in life-sustaining roles find an available child care center.